Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Agricultural Core

In my latest adventure, I traveled to a region known as The Agricultural Core. This region extends from Minnesota, Iowa, and Missouri all the way over to New York and Ontario in Canada. This region is known for its agriculture. This includes crops, livestock, and even forestry. This is the most productive region in both Canada and the United States for agriculture which you can tell by the name of this region. In my first stop on this trip, I stopped by John Deere Pavilion in Moline, Illinois.

John Deere Pavillion is where John Deere the major manufacturer for farming equipment has its main headquarters. The Pavillion is the main visitor center where visitors can learn more about John Deere and the history of the company. They also have a museum full of different tractors throughout the history of John Deere which was very cool to see. They also did a very good job of teaching you about the man you created the company and that was John Deere. You are able to learn about how he created the first plow and how his company got started in 1837.

When I got to John Deere Pavilion I saw a lot of people who were from the city life and I could tell that they were interested in learning more about farming and tractors. I also saw some people who I thought were farmers and were really interested in the tractors and going on about all the facts they knew about each different tractor. I was really interested because I thought that I knew a lot about John Deere but I truly didn't and this was a learning experience for me. This connects to the region very well in that it is an agriculture company that calls this region home. You can't go far anywhere in this region without seeing a John Deere tractor or something related to John Deere.

John Deere Pavilion


Inside John Deere Pavilion 
Image result for john deere pavilion

In the second stop on this trip through The Agricultural Core, I went to Jackson Minnesota. There I toured the manufacturing plant of where they make AGCO Tractors. It was an interesting place to check out because I had never seen how a tractor had been made before. The people who work there are hard workers and definitely show pride in what they do and that is putting tractors together. They also had a nice visitor center that goes over the history of AGCO Tractors.

On the tour, there were a lot of people who were interested in the tour seeing how the tractors were put together. It was like many other factory tours I had been on before. There were a lot of people interested and a lot of things were cool to them so that was fine to me. This connects to the region well because of the part of manufacturing tractors and using them heavily in this region. I will definitely not forget this trip to the region. I was definitely interested in learning more about agriculture.

Workers working on the tractors.
Image result for agco plant in jackson mn

The AGCO Visitor Center in Jackson MN.
Image result for agco plant in jackson mn

No comments:

Post a Comment