Monday, May 8, 2017

The Southwest Border Area

In my latest travel adventure I went to the region known as the Southwest Border Area. This region extends from Southern California all the way to Southern Texas following the southern border. There is a lot of desert in this region so I was excited to check it out and see what kind of cool things that I could find.

In my first visit I went to see the Grand Canyon which is a huge canyon that was carved out of rock by water of thousands of years ago. It was truly a breathtaking seen as it was a great way to cap off my final adventure. I was able to go up in a helicopter and see it from the air which is something that I have always wanted to do. I also got to see it from an observatory with other people who were just stunned by the beauty of this canyon. This connects well to the region because it is a tourist attraction that captures the imagination of everyone who decides to check it out. If you do then you won't regret it.

The Grand Canyon as dusk.
 
Image result for grand canyon
 
 
The Grand Canyon from an aerial view. 
 
Image result for grand canyon areial view
 
 
In my second visit in the region I went to Northern New Mexico the check out the ancient Aztec ruins. I thought this would be cool to check out because I had never seen anything like this before. These ruins are located near Animas River and date back to being built in the 11th and 13th century. I thought that it was cool to see how the people who first came to the region and see how they operated. I also met some people who were visiting for the first time. They thought it was cool also to see how the Aztecs had built the structures and lived there day to day in the conditions they were in.
 
This connects well to the region because it is a historic place from where we can see where the first people that lived in the region. I definitely think that I will return to this region someday.
 

Image result for aztec ruins national monument
 
 

Image result for aztec ruins national monument

No comments:

Post a Comment