Monday, May 8, 2017

Califronia

In my recent traveling adventure I went to the region in Minnesota known as the California Region. This region covers all of the state of California and even a small section of Nevada by Las Vegas. I have been told that California is the place to go so I figured that I would go out there and see what made this region so great. In California everyone talks about how the beaches are great and it is a paradise. So I made a couple stops to very popular places and here is what I saw.

In my first stop I went to the iconic Hollywood sign in Hollywood. This sign can be seen in a lot of movies and is even a symbol of America. The sign is situated on Mount Lee overlooking Hollywood and the stardom that happens there. Luckily I was able to get on a tour that went up to see the sign. When the group started looking they were shocked by how big it was. I thought it was big also, and it was just big. That is the best way I can explain it. Everyone was happy to be able to get pictures with the letters and see it up close. I know I was happy because I had always seen in on TV but seeing it in person was a lot better.

This connects well to the region because Hollywood is what help put the region on the map. The sign has also become a major tour destination for people to come see and check out.

This the Hollywood sign from a far.
Image result for hollywood sign
 
This was the Hollywood sign a lighten up at night.
Image result for hollywood sign night
 
 
 
In my second visit in the region I went to Yosemite National Park. It was such a beautiful place and the sights were breathtaking. I was able to do some hiking and it was a lot similar to many of my other visits to national parks. The park had a lot of old trees that had been in the park for hundreds of years. So I thought it was cool to see some of the oldest trees in the world. I also got to see some of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I also saw a lot of hikers on my path through the park it seemed like they were having a good time were taking in all the sights.
 
 
This connects well to the region because it is one of the few places in the region where you can escape all the people. It also has drawn a lot of attention to the region because of it's old trees. Overall, I enjoyed my visit to the region and hope to return someday.
 
 
One of the breath taking views.
 
Image result for yosemite national park
 
 
A pathway from one of the old huge trees.
 
Image result for yosemite national park trees
 


No comments:

Post a Comment