Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Appalachia and the Ozarks

In my recent adventure, I traveled to the region known as Appalachia and the Ozarks. This region extends from Tennesse to Pennsylvania. In this region, I explored different things including the coal mines in West Virginia and the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania. This region is known for its rugged mountains, great views, and resources. I will show you some of the things that this region has to offer.

In terms of jobs in the region, there are a lot of opportunities to find work in the coal industry. West Virgina is where you can find jobs like this. In recent years West Virginia had been hurt when many people in the area lost their jobs due to new regulations that had been set out by the government. I had found out that now they have been able to find jobs again so I figured that I would pay a visit to them in the coal mines.

When I got there I met with some the coal workers and they told me about what had happened to them. They told me that they had lost their jobs and were unable to make money to support their families anymore. I could tell that they were happy to get back to work. They were also very emotional and you could tell that they wanted to be there. I also met with some of their families and they were very emotional too. They told me they were so excited for the workers to return. This connects well with the region because it reflects the industry in the region.

These are the workers I met with in the mind.
Image result for coal mines west virginia

This is the process of cutting out the coal.P
Image result for coal mines west virginia

After being in West Virginia for a few days I went to Pennsylvania to check out the Pocono Mountains which is in a National Park. I went there to check it out because it is known for its good views. This region is known for its mountains so I figured that it would be good to check out a place that reflected the views of this region. This park reflects peaks of mountains, waterways, and trees. So I thought it was pretty cool. 

When I got there I saw a lot of people hiking and checking out the bright fall colors in the trees. I also saw people canoeing in the waterways. It seemed like they were all having a good time and enjoying the outdoors. I was also excited to check this out because summer was coming to a close and winter would soon be near. Those people were also enjoying every last moment of summer they could get. It was something to remember forever. My time in that park was truly amazing and I will never forget it. My trip to this region was emotional as well as rewarding in the outdoors. 

Pocono Park 
Image result

Kayaking at Pocono Park.
Image result for pocono mountains canoeing


No comments:

Post a Comment