Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The Empty Interior

This adventure took me to a region known as the Empty Interior. This region is probably the biggest one that I have went to extending from the Yukon in Canada all the way down to Arizona and New Mexico along the Mexican Border. There is definitely a lot to see in this region because there are not a lot of people in this region. If you looking for a wilderness escape then this is the place to go. In my last few trips I had been to places where there were a lot of people so I felt like it was a time to get away from all the people and enjoy nature. In my first stop I went to the Great Lake in Utah. I didn't know how salty it was going to be but I hoped for the best.

When I got to the Great Salt Lake I didn't know what to expect but it was absolutely beautiful. I was able to go out on the lake with a tourist group and it was absolutely a great view. The tourists were very happy with the sights they saw and it was just a great day to be out on the lake. The Great Salt Lake is the only salt lake in the Western Hemisphere. I can cross it off with my bucket list now that I was at the Great Salt Lake. We even saw some marine life and it was just great to be out in nature. Everyone I saw was happy they were having a good time in the hot summer heat in the lake.

This connects well to the region because it helps put it on the map. It is the only salt lake in North America so many people want to see that. It is just one of the many things that this region has to offer. After spending a few days jet skiing and doing other activities on the water it was time to move onto something else that was nature.

Arial View of the Great Salt Lake. 
Image result for salt lake

Sometime that I spent on the beach at the Great Salt Lake.
Image result for salt lake


In my second stop of this region I went to the Yukon to visit the Klondike. This part of the region is known for its gold mining and it is also home to what is known as the last great gold rush. I was able to go visit a gold mine and see how they are able to find gold. They use a wash plant to take the gold out of the soil and the gold then gets caught up in a sluice box. We also got to walk through the claim and see how they operate things such as doziers and rock trucks. It was a very fun time to be in this area. I also got to go to the mining town of Dawson which now is a pretty small town. 

The locals were very nice to me and if I had questions to ask them they would answer them for me. Even when I talked to the gold miners they were very nice to me. It seemed like things were going well for them and they were finding gold. By the end I felt like I was a local and it seemed like I was getting gold fever like everyone else who had be finding gold. This connects well to the region because gold mining is one of the biggest business in the northern part of the region. Someday the gold will all be gone but until then these people are having fun doing the job they dream of doing. I think that I will definitely comeback to the Empty Interior now that I have gold fever.



One of the gold operations that I got to visit in the Klondike.
Image result for klondike gold mine  


Downtown Dawson City
Image result for dawson city

No comments:

Post a Comment