Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The Southern Coastlands

In this traveling adventure I went to the region known as the Southern Coastlands. This region extends from Texas all the way to South Carolina along the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. It also includes the whole state of Florida which is the only state that is fully in this region. This region it known for its subtropical environment. It has a lot of swamps, woods, and humid weather. When I visited this region I definitely felt the heat. I visited some of the most bustling places in this region. My first stop was the Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana.

This visit was probably one of the weirdest that I have had in my travels throughout the different regions in Canada and the U.S. Bourbon Street is probably the most happening place in the city of New Orleans. It is 13 blocks long that is filled with bars and strip clubs. The weird thing I noticed however was that people were actually coming and going really quickly from bar to bar buying different drinks and then going out to drink them on the street. The street was really packed with people so it was really hard to get through all the people and to a bar that wasn't full. Then I saw one of the bars from my favorite TV show Bar Rescue. The name of the bar is Spirits on Bourbon. The story is that is used to be a barber shop and the owner got killed in the bar. Now today he haunts the new bar looking for the man who killed him. The bar was a happening place people seemed really happy, and even the employees were having a good time. For me it was definitely a night to remember on Bourbon Street.

This street connects well to the region because it attracts a lot of people from around the country and even around the world who wanted to check it out. It's a big party on the street, it is popular there year round. It also helps bring fame to the region because it helps draw in the people that want to check it out as well as other things around the region. After enjoying the party for a few days in New Orleans it was time to move on to the next stop in the region.


      This is what is was like on a Saturday Night on Bourbon Street. There were a lot of people. 

This is the sign of the bar I went to.
Image result for spirits on bourbon


In my second stop I went to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. This was way different then Bourbon Street. I saw a lot more little kids and there were a lot of families that wouldn't have been seen on Bourbon Street at all. The park was really huge and there were also different themes throughout the whole park. I waited in line to go on a roller coaster and it took about 3 hours just to get through the line. That was mainly because there were just so many people. There were even more then I could think of. I don't know how little kids could handle it but they seemed content. I think that was mainly because they had side attractions along the lines. It kept the kids content. I had a good time and it looked like everyone also was having a thrill ride at Disney World. 

This connects to the region because everyone around the world wants to come see Disney World. Disney is known for a lot of things but mainly it's movies. It helps put the region once again on the map and helps make Florida a tourist destination. Throughout my adventure in this region I saw what makes the Southern Coastlands a happening place. I will definitely comeback soon. 

The Entrance to Disney World.
Image result for disney world

A castle at Disney World.
Image result for disney world

No comments:

Post a Comment